Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time to go social !!

All said and well read but factually most of us still lag way behind if we compare ourselves to our neighbors school-going kids who have an impressive friend circle ranging in thousands.
I recently came across such a kid who was surprised at my asking "how do you do this!". As a matter of fact this came naturally to him and he got on and along with his school friends and now had a group (rather a crowd) of around 1500 friends with whom he exchanged his social net life every day,seven days a week !!
I was impressed by the natural attitude of this guy innocently asking that "you need friends,don't you?".
I gave him an answer which was sieved and filtered through my knowledge,experience and what not to safeguard my smaller "internet friends circle status" but I knew where I had lacked way behind.
The real issue is that we need existence and people help us creating one for us.
Many professionals fall way behind in this and end up in their smaller worlds,cut out of fresh air of ideas,excitement & adventure.
It would be a waste of time for me to appreciate the advantages internet has given to all of us as I cannot in any way possibly enumerate all of these at one go.But sincerely this immense possibility is the strength internet has and makes the modern world the way it is today.
Let us combine our common interests and create friends,groups,communities with international color,languages and experiences for the simple fact that the world today is smaller than the smallest village you ever knew about and today the true meaning of "international" is "local".
Our international color would be true color and this is happening fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment