Friday, July 9, 2010

Facebook Vs Google !!


Well, I am sure most of you might already be aware of Facebook going the Google way "somewhat".
For those who still don't,let me reintroduce the news to them that Facebook now has it's new Open Graph Search Engine which is talked about a lot in communities and circles that Facebook would gradually and constructively create it as a Google competitor. Let me tell you,people are really observing this and they say that this is one of the potentially "big" things that Facebook could (and for some reasons,only they can) attempt.
The way this would work would be somewhat like the Facebook Ads application where the advertisement is sent to people with the "Like" option. The change this time is that site URLs would be sent for "Like" (or dislike !) and the site which gets the maximum Likes would be the highest ranking in Facebook Open Graph searches.
Despite all the talk discussions and excitement I am a bit apprehensive.I mean how can (and how far can) one take their site to get "Likes" to get their sites up?. It is fine that people work on this but really what would this practice involve and constitute? Would it not contribute to Spamming of sorts?
Would this not be like voting for your favorite TV show icon just to keep them on the show irrespective of the fact that they might not really be "that" good compared to others out there? What about Creativity
Doesn't this sound like a "manipulation promotion action"?
True, I would surely (and I do) participate whenever I get a "Like" invite on Facebook but frankly I am doubtful regarding the veracity of the rankings Facebook would give to its listed sites.
What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment